Entries are now closed! (excluding Virtual)
Please note that entries are now closed for the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon.
If you have entered the event and wish to make changes to your race entry please visit our Race Changes page for all the details on how to complete this.
Virtual Entries remain open up until Friday 2nd July – ENTER NOW
Run for the good times!
Celebrate the 42nd Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon and run for the good times on Saturday 3 – Sunday 4 July 2021 on the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Join runners, wheelies and walkers of all ages and abilities taking part in their chosen distance to achieve a personal challenge, aim for a personal best time, or simply enjoy participating with family and friends!
With 8 races to choose from there is one for everyone:
- Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon
- Wheelchair Marathon
- ASICS Half Marathon
- Southern Cross University 10km Run
- Wheelchair 10km
- Gold Coast Airport 5km Fun Run
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland 4km Junior Dash
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland 2km Junior Dash
- Gold Coast Double 63.3
Its famous, flat, fast and scenic course located alongside the city’s renowned surf beaches and Broadwater plus ideal winter running conditions result in 60% of participants achieving personal best times each year.
Take on the Gold Coast Double 63.3km challenge this year and complete the ASICS Half Marathon on Saturday and then the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon on Sunday to earn some extra bling.
Participants that are unable to make it to the Gold Coast due to international border closures and covid restrictions can still be a part of the event and earn the #GCM21 finishers rewards! Join us virtually – check out more details on our Virtual Run event page.
|Monday 15 February 2021, 9am (Qld)|
|Friday 4 June 2021 11:59pm|
|Saturday 3 – Sunday 18 July 2021|
Limited entries are available in each event due to covid restrictions (Excluding the virtual event)
Race Weekend Schedule
Saturday 3 July 2021
|Start Time||Cut off (Gun Time)|
|ASICS Half Marathon (Limited entries)||6:00am||3hrs 20mins|
|2km Junior Dash||9:25am||20mins|
|4km Junior Dash||9:40am||40mins|
|Gold Coast Airport 5km Fun Run (Limited entries)||10:10am||1hr 10mins|
Sunday 4 July 2021
|Start Time||Cut off (Gun Time)|
|Wheelchair Marathon||5:55am||6hrs 45mins|
|Village Roadshow Theme Parks
Gold Coast Marathon (Limited entries)
|Wheelchair 10km||6:25am||1hr 45mins|
|Southern Cross University
10km Run (Limited entries)
|Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon||$180|
|ASICS Half Marathon||$145|
|Southern Cross University 10km Run||$90|
|Gold Coast Airport 5km Fun Run||$70|
|4km Junior Dash||$30|
|2km Junior Dash||$30|
For Virtual entry fees please visit our Virtual Run Event Page
*A $5 discount applies to entrants aged 13 years or younger and 65 years and older on race day. Not applicable for Junior Dash races or Virtual Events.
Things you need to know
Please note that the following details do not apply to those competing virtually
- Please view the Terms and Conditions before entering, noting the refund policy.
- For our Covid-19 specific refund clause please visit our FAQ’s
- Race Numbers will be posted to the address you enter on your registration form prior to race weekend.
- Finishers Rewards will be collected upon completion of your chosen event.
- Entries open on Monday 15 February and close on Friday 4 June, limited places are available in each event and should any restrictions be imposed due to Covid, places will be confirmed on a first come first serve basis.
- Two or more of you running together (same or different races)? Enter as a team for extra added benefits. Find out more about Teams Entry.
- A $5 discount applies to entrants aged 13 years or younger and 65 years and older on race day (excludes Junior Dash races and Virtual Events).
- Payment must be made via Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa), China UnionPay or Account2Account (Bank Transfer). 1.2% payment processing fee applies to payments via MasterCard or Visa. 3.25% for China UnionPay transactions.
- If you can no longer attend you can transfer your entry to another person via the Update my Entry portal or be transferred to the Virtual Event.
- If entering on behalf of another person you are accepting race entry terms and conditions on their behalf.
- If you need to make any changes to your entry, please do so via the Update my Entry Portal. You will require your confirmation code which can be found in your confirmation email. Please ensure all changes are made prior to entries closing on Friday 4th June.
- By entering you are subscribing to our newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Visit FAQ for more information
- Familiarise yourself with the polices and etiquette
- Entries are currently only open to Australian and New Zealand Residents. International entrants you are welcome to register for our Virtual Run Event.
All races. Opportunity to personalise it with an iTaB.
Marathon, Wheelchair Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km Run, Wheelchair 10km & 5km Fun Run (Sizing Guide)
Junior Dash Races
Race Number Clips
All Races. Light weight and re-useable. Posted with Race Number.
Personalised race number
All races. Must enter prior to Friday 21st May 2021.
Photos and videos
All races. Runners can purchase photos and videos after the event
Gold Coast Double 63.3km Challenge
Run the Gold Coast Double 63.3km and earn some extra bling!
Compete in the ASICS Half Marathon on Saturday and the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon on Sunday and celebrate your awesome achievement of endurance with an extra medal.
To enter a second event select the “Enter another race” option on your summary page after completing your first registration.
Other possible double entry combinations:
Saturday – 5km Fun Run, Sunday – Marathon
Saturday – Half Marathon, Sunday – 10km Run
Saturday – Half Marathon, Saturday – 5km Fun Run
Saturday – 5km Fun Run, Sunday – 10km Run
Saturday – 4km Junior Dash, Sunday – 10km Run (only available to those aged 12, 13 or 14)
Please note due to timing, you will be unable to enter both the Marathon and 10km events.
Race Number Postage
Due to Covid Restrictions, we will be posting your race number directly to you prior to race weekend.
Race Entries close on Friday 4 June and we will commence packing and posting on Monday 7 June. Please expect your race number to arrive at your provided address between Wednesday 9th and Friday 25th June.
If your race number does not arrive within this time period, please contact email@example.com for further options.
Please note that there is no Check in Centre and Expo for #GCM21.
What you will receive via post:
- Your Race Number
- Race Number Clips (reusable)
- Junior Dash races – wristbands required for collection and accompanying runners
- Pace Bands (if ordered when registering)
What you will collect upon finishing your race:
- Finishers Shirt or Cap (dependent on your race)
- Finishers Medal
- Finishers Towel (Marathon only)
Keep on track with your training, competing virtually in our #GCM21 training runs. We are offering two training runs to entrants prior to race weekend.
Training Run 1: 1-9 May 2021
Training Run 2: 5-13 June 2021
You will be required to choose your training run distance within your registration, however you will not be obligated to compete.
Training runs will be provided free of charge to those entered prior to the date in which they occur, for more information please visit our Training Runs Page.