The 2018 Gold Coast Marathon Teams Challenge is a great team-building exercise and an excellent way to motivate your team, colleagues, families and friends to achieve a personal challenge together. Your team can choose to race in any of our eight races and all are welcome to select their own start zones. You do not have to race together in the same race or choose the same start zone.
Benefits of entering a team
- Celebrating personal achievements as a group
- Having fun together while increasing fitness
- Generating awareness and exposure for your organisation
- Viewing your team results all in one group via the team results portal
- Raising money for a chosen charity
- Opportunity to celebrate the good times with your team mates over a barbecue at your own tent in the race precinct!
- All teams entered with runners will be listed on the Gold Coast Marathon website and in the official program included in the Gold Coast Bulletin printed on race weekend.
- Compete for team recognition with our Team Awards.
Team entry options
Deferred Team – Register Now and Pay Later
- Nominate a Team manager to be responsible for setting the team up and paying for all team entries before the deferred team entries deadline
- 10% discount off race entry fees – valid once 20 or more team members have registered
- Eligible for group race number collection – Individuals are still asked to select a pickup location, however this is voided if the team manager has opted for group race number collection
- Team members entries are confirmed once the team manager has made payment
Non-Deferred Team – Register Now and Pay Now
- All team members register and pay individually at the time of registration
- Please note that this option will not access the discounted race entry fees
- Only eligible for individual race number collection
Corporate Teams Challenge
Corporate Teams Challenge includes workplace groups, university groups, organisations, their staff and families.
Fitness Teams Challenge
Fitness Teams Challenge includes gyms, personal training studios and running clubs.
School Teams Challenge
Schools Teams Challenge includes school groups and communities including teachers, students and their families. Universities are not included and must enter via Corporate Teams Challenge.
All teams entered will be eligible for the following awards. Winning teams will receive web and social media recognition along with a winner’s plaque.
Largest Team Award
This awards the largest team in each category based on the final number of entrants recorded on Thursday 31 May 2018. Winners will be announced on race weekend and teams can collect their plaques on their chosen day.
Celebrate the good times with your team over a barbecue in your own tent within the race precinct. Team tents can be hired for Saturday 30 June and/or Sunday 1 July and are assigned on a first in first served basis. Team tents are available exclusively to pre-registered teams and can be booked via your team manager login. Please note that you must have an entrant in your team in order to access the form and book. If a tent package does not appear this will indicate that those tents are sold out.
2018 team tent information announced soon.
Email us at email@example.com