The Teams Challenge is a great team-building exercise and an excellent way to motivate your team, colleagues, families and friends to achieve a personal challenge together. Your team can choose to race in any of our eight races and all are welcome to select their own start zones. You do not have to race together in the same race or choose the same start zone.
Benefits of entering a team
- Celebrating personal achievements as a group
- Having fun together while increasing fitness
- Generating awareness and exposure for your organisation
- Viewing your team results all in one group via the team results portal
- Raising money for a chosen charity
- Opportunity to celebrate the good times with your team mates over a barbecue at your own tent in the race precinct
- All teams entered (with runners) will have their team name listed on the Gold Coast Marathon website and in the official program included in the Gold Coast Bulletin printed on race weekend
- Compete for team recognition with our Team Awards
- Register a team of over 20 team members and gain extra benefits
- Option of team race kit collection
- $100.00 credit for every 20 team members registered by Tuesday 30th April in form of:
- Pre-loaded debit card (given to team manager at Check in Centre)
- Donation to Cancer Council QLD on behalf of your team
- Credit towards your team tent
Ideas on how to spend your $100 team credit:
- Team prizes (fastest runner, first team entry, best team get up etc)
- Celebratory drinks post event
- Put towards a team uniform
- Refreshments at your team tent (hired or space only)
- Team Supporter Banners / Paraphernalia
- Spend up large at the ASICS Sport and Leisure Expo
- Charity Donation of your choice
How to enter your team:
- Choose a team manager to manage your team
- Visit the team manager portal to register your team name and team code (available November 27th 9.00am AEST)
- Team members register individually via the standard entry form adding themselves to your team in the team section of the entry form
- Receive additional benefits for every 20 team members registered!
Remember you can have team members enter your team at any time right up until event weekend but only those registered before early bird (Tuesday 30th April 11.59pm AEST) will get the best fees and be eligible for your additional team benefits!
When registering, team managers must select their team’s challenge category out of the following:
Corporate Teams Challenge
Corporate Teams Challenge includes workplace groups, university groups, organisations, their staff and families.
Fitness Teams Challenge
Fitness Teams Challenge includes gyms, personal training studios and running clubs.
School Teams Challenge
The Schools Teams Challenge includes school groups and communities including teachers, students and their families. Universities are not included and must enter via Corporate Teams Challenge.
Social Teams Challenge
Social Teams Challenge includes social groups, community organisations or a group of friends keen to complete the challenge.
All teams entered will be eligible for the following awards. Winning teams will receive web and social media recognition along with a winner’s plaque.
Largest Team Award
This awards the largest team in each category based on the final number of entrants recorded. Winners will be announced on race weekend and teams can collect their plaques on their chosen day.
|2019 Teams Challenge||2019 Largest Team Award|
|Corporate||Southern Cross University|
|Fitness||Intraining Running and Triathlon Club|
|School||Ashmore State School Fitter Faster Stronger|
|Social||MND and Me Foundation|
Good Times Award
This awards the best team spirit leading up to and on race weekend. Post pictures of your team training on social media using #GCM19 and kit yourselves out in team attire. Winners will be announced post event and plaques sent via post.
|2018 Teams Challenge||2018 Good Times Award|
|Corporate||Peak Sports And Spine Centre|
|Fitness||Vision Personal Training|
|School||Mary Mackillop Catholic College|
|Social||Running Mums Australia|
Celebrate the good times with your team over a barbecue in your own tent within the race precinct.
Team tents can be hired for Saturday 6 and/or Sunday 7 July and are assigned on a first in first served basis. Bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received.
How to book:
You can book your tent via your team manager login – please click on the Tent Booking Form Link on your team manager menu. Tent bookings close at Friday 31 May 2019. Tent bookings are booked on a first in first served basis and numbers are limited so get in early! Please note that tents are available exclusively to teams and you must have an entrant in your team in order to access the form and book.
BYO Tent Area:
The BYO area is allocated on a first in, first served basis on race weekend and no bookings are taken. The BYO area is not serviced and no barbecues, power or furniture are able to be hired. There are strictly no BYO barbecues in this area and there will be a 1 tent limit per team.