The 2017 Gold Coast Airport Marathon Teams Challenge is a great team-building exercise and an excellent way to motivate your team, colleagues, families and friends to achieve a personal challenge together.
Your team can choose to race in any of our eight races and all are welcome to select their own start zones. You do not have to race together in the same race or choose the same start zone.
Benefits of entering a team
- Celebrating personal achievements as a group
- Having fun together while increasing fitness
- Generating awareness and exposure for your organisation
- Viewing your team results all in one group via the team results portal
- Raising money for a chosen charity
- Opportunity to celebrate the good times with your team mates over a barbecue at your own tent in the race precinct!
- All teams entered with runners by Thursday 31 May 2017 will be listed on the Gold Coast Airport Marathon website and in the official program included in the Gold Coast Bulletin printed on race weekend
- Compete for team recognition with our Team Awards.
Corporate Teams Challenge
Corporate Teams Challenge includes workplace groups, university groups, organisations, their staff and families.
Fitness Teams Challenge
Fitness Teams Challenge includes gyms, personal training studios and running clubs.
School Teams Challenge
Schools Teams Challenge includes school groups and communities including teachers, students and their families. (Universities not included, enter via Corporate Teams Challenge)
Social Teams Challenge
Social Teams Challenge includes social groups, community organisations or a group of friends keen to complete the challenge.
All teams entered will be eligible for the following awards. Winning teams will receive web and social media recognition along with a winner’s plaque.
Largest Team Award
This awards the largest team in each category based on the final number of entrants recorded on Wednesday 31 May 2017. Winners will be announced on race weekend and teams can collect their plaques on their chosen day.
Celebrate the good times with your team over a barbecue in your own tent within the race precinct. Team tents can be hired for Saturday 1 July and/or Sunday 2 July and are assigned on a first in first served basis.
Team tents are available exclusively to pre-registered teams and can be booked via your team manager login – please note that you must have an entrant in your team in order to access the form and book. If a tent package does not appear this will indicate that those tents are sold out.
Five tips to help recruit team members:
- Encourage your friends, family, colleagues and school mates to join your team by sharing ‘7 reasons to join our Gold Coast Airport Marathon team‘ on Facebook.
- Send an email to your friends, family, colleagues and school mates encouraging them not to miss out on the good times and join you on the 2017 Gold Coast Airport Marathon start line. Email a friend.
- Display your team poster in a prominent position in your office, gym, school or club where potential team members will see it. Download your team poster.
- Host some group runs, chat about the team along the way and celebrate the run with a coffee afterwards.
- Create Facebook, Twitter or Instagram profiles for your team to share photos, videos and updates so your members can encourage and inspire others to join.