Beat The Price Rise on 31 May 2022 at 11:59pm!
The 42nd Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon will be held Saturday 2 – Sunday 3 July 2022 on the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
The world class international marathon will attract 26,000 participants across eight races including the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon, CPL Wheelchair Marathon, ASICS Half Marathon, Southern Cross University 10km Run, CPL Wheelchair 10km, Gold Coast Airport 5km Fun Run, Health and Wellbeing Queensland 4km Junior Dash and Health and Wellbeing Queensland 2km Junior Dash.
Its famous flat, fast and scenic course located alongside the city’s renowned surf beaches and broadwater plus ideal winter running conditions result in 60% of participants achieving personal best times each year.
RUN #GCM22 Virtually
Can’t join us on the Gold Coast? Enter our Virtual Event and earn the #GCM22 Rewards from afar.
15 Feb-31 May 2022
1 June-2 July 2022
|Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon (Sun 3 July)||$180.00||$200.00||Sat 2 July 4pm|
|CPL Wheelchair Marathon (Sun 3 July)||$180.00||$200.00||Sun 19 June 11:59pm*|
|ASICS Half Marathon (Sat 2 July)||$145.00||$165.00||Fri 1 July 8pm|
|Southern Cross University 10km Run (Sun 3 July)||$90.00||$110.00||Sat 2 July 4pm|
|CPL Wheelchair 10km (Sun 3 July)||$90.00||$110.00||Sun 19 June 11:59pm*|
|Gold Coast Airport 5km Fun Run (Sat 2 July)||$70.00||$90.00||Fri 1 July 8pm|
|Health and Wellbeing Queensland 4km Junior Dash (Sat 2 July)||$30.00||$40.00||Fri 1 July 8pm|
|Health and Wellbeing Queensland 2km Junior Dash (Sat 2 July)||$30.00||$40.00||Fri 1 July 8pm|
- A $5 discount applies to entrants aged 13 years or younger and 65 years and older on race day. Not applicable for Health and Wellbeing Queensland Junior Dash.
- Entries close date is provided allocation isn’t exhausted earlier
- *Please note the Wheelchair races need to close 2 weeks prior to Event weekend in order for us to secure accompanying cyclists.
All races. Opportunity to personalise it with an iTaB.
Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km & 5km Fun Run.
All races. Accessed online after the event.
Live results & splits
Live results for all races. Live split times for Marathon & Half Marathon.
Fixx Nutrition Electrolytes
All Races. Cramp Fixx provided at 30.5km Refreshment Station – marathon only
Personalised race number
All races. Must enter prior to Tuesday 31 May 2022.
Photos and video
All races. Runners can purchase photos and videos after the event.
All races (starting on course from 7:00am).
Marathon, Half Marathon & 10km.
Marathon & Half Marathon.
Virtual Training Run
All Races – 14-22 May 2022. More Details
- Your race number will be available for collection from the Gold Coast Check in Centre (no cost) or you can opt to have your race number posted to you for $10.00 (AU Entrants only).
- Your race entry gives you access to our Virtual Training Event at no cost, find out more here and select your distance within your registration.
- Two or more of you running together (same or different races)? Enter as a team for extra added benefits. Find out more about Teams Entry.
- To have your nickname / name printed on your race number you must entry before 11:59 AEST on Tuesday 31 May, 2022.
- Entrants competing in the Half Marathon on Saturday and the Marathon on Sunday will earn an extra 63.3km Medal for completing the Gold Coast Double 63.3km.
- A $5 discount applies to entrants aged 13 years or younger and 65 years and older on race day (excludes Health and Wellbeing Queensland Junior Dash).
- Payment must be made via Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa), China UnionPay or Account2Account (Bank Transfer).
- 1.4% payment processing fee applies to payments via MasterCard or Visa. 3.25% for China UnionPay transactions.
- No refunds. Refunds only permitted to the extent that the event organiser is required to refund at law (please check terms and conditions of entry).
- Covid-19 clauses are applicable (view details via Frequently Asked Questions page).
- If you can no longer attend you can transfer your entry to another person. Race transfers and changes must be completed at the very latest the day prior to your race.
- If entering on behalf of another person you are accepting our terms and conditions on their behalf.
- If you need to make any changes to your entry, please do so via the Update my Entry Portal. You will require your confirmation code which can be found in your confirmation email.
- Photo ID is required for race number collection. If collecting for another person, please bring a copy of their ID, race confirmation and a text/email/letter from them giving you permission to collect on their behalf.
- A $10 onsite late fee applies to all paper entries made at the Check In Centre (online entries no extra charge).
- By entering you are subscribing to our newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Entry Terms and Conditions – Indemnity & Release Agreement
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
For more details on your chosen race please visit our race specific pages.
Policies and Etiquette
To ensure the safety of all participants taking part in the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon, race polices and etiquette are in place. It is important that participants familiarise themselves with these prior to participation in the event and that these are adhered to at all times while on course.
Gold Coast Double 63.3km Challenge
Run the Gold Coast Double 63.3km and earn some extra bling!
Run the ASICS Half Marathon on Saturday (2 July) and Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon on Sunday (3 July), completing a total of 63.3km and earn some extra bling!
This race combination comes with it’s own separate medal to celebrate this awesome achievement of endurance.
Your race number will be available for collection from the Check in Centre (no cost) or you can opt to have your race number posted to you for $10.00 (AU Entrants only).
Check in Centre:
Collection will be from the Check in Centre and ASICS Sport & Leisure Expo at Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, Broadbeach.
Thursday 30 June, 2022 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday 1 July, 2022 10:00am – 8:00pm (Last day of collection for Saturday races)
Saturday 2 July, 2022 10:00am – 4:00pm
Please note that there will be no Check in Centre in Brisbane for 2022.
Postage of your race number will cost $10.00 (AUD)
The deadline to select the postage option for new entrants (unless allocation exhausted prior) or to make changes to an existing race entry where postage is selected is Tuesday 31 May, 2022. Any changes required to be made after this date to your race distance, start zone and t-shirt size will need to be completed at the Check in Centre.
Please double check your address is correct within your registration, ensuring to include unit numbers where applicable. Postage will be completed week of 6-10 June, 2022.
– Postage fees are non-refundable if you change your mind.
– Postage is only available for entrants with an Australian address.
– Any race numbers received return to sender on an incorrect address will need to collect their returned race number from the Check in Centre.
– If an individual is entering more than one event, they will only be charged one postage fee however, events must be entered at the same time within the same payment transaction by selecting the “Enter another race” option on the summary page.
Check In Centre – Broadbeach, Gold Coast
- Thursday 30 June 2022, 3pm – 8pm (Qld)
Note: Busiest period for collection has historically been between 4pm – 6pm
- Friday 1 July 2022, 10am – 8pm (Qld) (final collection for Saturday races)
Note: Busiest period for collection has historically been between 11am-12pm and 4-5pm
- Saturday 2 July 2022, 10am – 4pm (Qld) (final collection for Sunday races)