The Gold Coast Marathon is a not-for-profit organisation and we would not be able to deliver Australia’s leading marathon without volunteers. The time and resources provided by volunteers in the lead up to and over race weekend ensures the event is a success each year.
The benefits are not entirely for the event. Volunteering is a great way to meet a variety of people from all walks of life and you’ll have fun while giving back to the community.
Note: The minimum age to volunteer is 16 years of age.
Reasons to volunteer
- Try something different and new
- Opportunities to develop friendships
- Learn new skills
- Challenge one’s personal confidence
- Gain credit for university placements, experience and contacts within the
- Experience for future employment within the industry
Volunteer roles available:
- General volunteers
- Japanese interpreters
- Chinese interpreters
- Community Groups
Apply to be a volunteer in 2018
Volunteer applications open in early 2018. Express your interest in volunteering below.
(07) 5668 9888