The Gold Coast Marathon powered by Chery annually recruits over 1,000 individual volunteers from local groups, clubs and organisations to assist with the delivery of Australia’s leading marathon. Community Groups contribute to the success of our event and in return for their assistance receive a monetary donation, volunteer t-shirts and certificates of appreciation.
Community Group roles available:
- Aid stations
- Road marshals
- Exit tents
- Recovery area
- Recovery refreshments
- Start line loading zone attendants
- Bump out crew
More information provided early-2024.
Please be aware of the following:
- Minimum age for a volunteer is 12 years of age
- Any minor under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian
- Either the group leader or a member of the group must attend a training session prior to race weekend
- Your group must be able to supply a minimum of 15 volunteers
- Community groups roles take place on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 July 2024
- Early starts are required and can be as early as 4:30am for some roles
Complete the form below to express your group's interest in volunteering at the 2024 Gold Coast Marathon powered by Chery.
(07) 5668 9888