2017 Gold Coast Airport Marathon Teams Challenge
Register your team now:
The 2017 Gold Coast Airport Marathon Teams Challenge is a great team-building exercise and an excellent way to motivate your team, colleagues, families and friends to achieve a personal challenge together.
The benefits of entering a team in the 2017 Gold Coast Airport Marathon include:
- Celebrating personal achievements as a group
- Having fun together while increasing fitness
- Generating awareness and exposure for your organisation
- Viewing your team results all in one group via the team results portal
- Raising money for a chosen charity
- Opportunity to celebrate the good times with your team mates over a barbecue at your own tent in the race precinct!
- All teams entered with runners by Thursday 31 May 2017 will be listed on the Gold Coast Airport Marathon website and in the official program included in the Gold Coast Bulletin printed on race weekend
- Compete for team recognition with our Team Awards.
Got over 20 team members?
Choose the deferred team option and access the following further benefits:
- A 10% discount on entry fees (for all entries in before 30th April 2017)
- The option to choose Group collection of your race kits.
Team Entry Options
Deferred Team – Register Now and Pay Later
- Nominate a Team manager to be responsible for setting your team up by Sunday 30th April and paying for all team entries by Friday 5th May (Team members can still be added after this date, however individual payment upon entry for these entrants will be required)
- 10% discount off race entry fees – valid once 20 or more team members have registered
- Eligible for group race number collection.
- Team members entries are confirmed once the team manager has made payment
Non-Deferred Team – Register Now and Pay Now
- All team members register and pay individually at the time of registration
- This option will not access the discounted race entry fees
- Only eligible for individual race number collection
Teams can enter into the Corporate, Fitness, Schools or Social Teams Challenge with any combination of events across the race program. You don’t all have to be in the same race.
Corporate Teams Challenge
Corporate Category includes workplace groups, university groups, organisations, their staff and families.
Fitness Teams Challenge
Fitness Category includes gyms or personal training studios and running clubs.
School Teams Challenge
Schools Category includes school groups and communities including teachers, students and their families. (Universities not included – entry via corporate teams).
Social Teams Challenge
Social Teams includes social groups, community organisation or a group of friends keen to complete the challenge.
All teams entered will be eligible for the following Awards. Winning teams will receive web and social media recognition along with a winner’s plaque.
Largest Team Award
This awards the largest teams in each category, based on the final number of entrants as at 31st May 2017. Winners will be announced on race weekend and teams will be able to collect their plaques on their chosen day.
Good Times Award
This awards the best team spirit leading up to and on race weekend. Don’t forget to post pictures of your team training via Social Media and kit yourselves out in team attire! Winners will be announced post event and plaques sent via post.
Celebrate the good times with your team over a barbecue in your own tent within the race precinct.
Team tents can be hired for Saturday 1 July and/or Sunday 2 July and are assigned on a first in first served basis.
Team tents are available exclusively to pre-registered teams and can be booked via your team manager login – please note that you must have an entrant in your team in order to access the form and book.
If a tent package does not appear this will indicate that those tents are SOLD OUT.
Space Only Tents
There is a dedicated area for SPACE ONLY tents that allows any team to bring their own tent, this is located north of Nind Street in Broadwater Parklands between Nind and North Street.
Access to install tents will be anytime Friday 30 June until 5.00pm and Saturday 1 July between 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
Please note there is a one tent limit and no BBQ’s are permitted.
Five tips to help recruit team members
- Encourage your friends, family, colleagues and school mates to join your team by sharing ‘7 reasons to join our Gold Coast Airport Marathon team‘ on Facebook.
- Send an email to your friends, family, colleagues and school mates encouraging them not to miss out on the good times and join you on the 2016 Gold Coast Airport Marathon start line. Email a friend.
- Display your team poster in a prominent position in your office, gym, school or club where potential team members will see it. Download your team poster.
- Host some group runs, chat about the team along the way and celebrate the run with a coffee afterwards.
- Create Facebook, Twitter or Instagram profiles for your team to share photos, videos and updates so your members can encourage and inspire others to join.
For more information on Teams and Tent Bookings please email: